Polyolefin shrink film is becoming more popular in the shrink film industry. Why? It has several advantages over PVC shrink film :
- Environmentally friendly – easily recyclable
- Lower cost per foot than PVC
- Ages gracefully – It doesn’t become brittle and yellow with age
- Pliable – It’s more pliable than PVC film and does not tear easily
- Exceptional tensile strength
- Tear Resistant
- Excellent Clarity
- FDA Approved – safe for direct food contact
Below are a list of the different polyolefin shrink films that Tarheel Paper Co. carries.
Sytec® 701D – Cross-Linked Shrink Film Designed for Heavy Duty Packaging
Replaces Traditional Corrugated Box or Heavy Gauge Polyethylene.
The cost advantage:
• More cost effective than corrugated cartons.
• One-step package that requires very few packaging aids (tapes, inner bags, bands, etc.)
• Reduces volume and weight of packaged goods, decreasing the cost of transport and warehousing.
The operational advantage:
• Lends itself easily to automation of the packaging process.
• Minimizes stocking space of packaging material and of packaged goods.
• Simplifies stock of packaging materials – one size for many items = less items in stock.
The shelf advantage:
• Allows clear view of the product at sale point.
• Allows the customer to make sure the purchased kit is complete.
• Result: fewer returns, fewer disappointed customers!
Sytec® MVP – Cross-linked, soft, low shrink force film
The MVP is a versatile shrink film for a wide range of packaging applications. It is especially suitable where low shrinkage temperatures and high shrinkage speeds are required. It is ideal for soft items and odd shaped products.
• Conforms to any product shape
Shrink & Seal Properties:
• Quick shrinkage at low temperature
• Outstanding stability
• Low shrink force
• Strong seals
Sytec® 701 – Cross-linked Polyolefin
701 film is a polyolefin shrink film for a wide range of packaging applications. The innovative crosslink process provides strong, durable seals and excellent shrinkage. Optical properties are superior, and exhibits outstanding abuse resistance. 701 is a general purpose, very forgiving film with wide seal & shrink.
Sytec® 307S – Very Strong, Hi-Slip Film
Sytec 307S film is recommended for packaging applications where maximum optics and durable wrapping are required. Strong seals and an excellent shrink appearance are obtained with medium and high speed packaging systems.
Syfresh AF – Anti Fog Shrink Film to Enhance Presentation and Extend Freshness of Fresh Foods and Produce.
The special properties of this film allow for exceptional performance on high speed flow pack equipment.
Syfresh RF4 –Poultry and Seafood Shrink Film
Syfan RF4 shrink film has sealing properties that result in hygienic and hermetically sealed trays, thus providing leak proof packages. It is the ideal solution for wrapping trays of poultry and food.
Would you like more information about how shrink film might work as part of your packaging solution? Contact Tarheel Paper Co. today. We’re here to help.